There are so many ways to show a small gesture of appreciation and making your coffee gift card is one of them.
I know giving a gift card seem impersonal but there are so many ways to make it special. I love giving coffee gift cards as a small token of appreciation for teachers, nannies, friends… there are so many occasions and there’s always something at Starbucks for everyone.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for a DIY Coffee Cup Card
Cardstock – I like using medium weight cardstock for this project. Here are some of my favorites:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Glue – I like to use glue that doesn’t warp the paper. Here are a couple of my go to brands:
Coffee cup card template – Both the coffee cup printable and SVG versions of the template are free and available in my resource library.
Tutorial for DIY Coffee Cup Card
Step 1: Cut out the Coffee cup card template
I like to use a light grip blue mat to cut this card out. It is a relatively simple design so it can also easily be done by hand.
Step 2: Glue the cut envelop together
We are first going to create a small pocket for the card to slide in. Take the outer much cup cutout and add glue along the base and 2 sides.
Then glue to to the back of the cup card.
Step 3: Glue the lid to the insert
Now we need to glue the coffee cup lid to the insert that holds gift card. I do this by only applying glue to the top and 2 sides of the lid.
Step 4: Add the top sleeve and any additional sentiments
This last part is options and can be done in many ways. You add a cute greeting or nothing at all.
Here is one I did for one of my kid’s teachers.