These free dinosaur SVG and printable templates can be used for a variety of different dinosaur crafts from cards to artwork to toys and much more.
Both my kids love dinosaurs. We’ve spent hours learning about different species of dinosaurs, done tons of dino inspired crafts and even found this app that overlays a moving dinosaur in your living room.
I thought I’d take all my dino inspired designs and create a tutorial out of it in case there’s other parents out there with children who are just as interested in dinosaurs.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for Paper Dinosaur Crafts
Cardstock – I make most of my dino crafts with paper. I like to use medium weight cardstock with my cutting machine. Don’t try to cut construction paper with your cutting machine. If you want to use constructions, print out the designs and cut it by hand. Here are some of my favorite cardstock brands:
- Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cricut Joy Insert Card Packs – You don’t have to use these with the Cricut Joy, they are nice material kids for cardmaking.
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Poptone Assorted Variety Pack – This is the perfect peppy assortment of colors of heavy cardstock. It’s a heavy cardstock assortment with colors I actually use frequently for cardmaking.
- Seasonal Assorted Variety Pack – This is a slight variation on the Poptone assortment and has a quite few neutrals that complement almost any accent color.
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – If you are trying to make card, I would recommend a glue that doesn’t warp the paper. Otherwise, anything works:
Templates – These dinosaur craft SVG and printable PDF templates are all free and available in my resource library.
Ideas for Dinosaur Paper Crafts
Dino inspired birthday cards
I make all my cards using my Cricut cutting machine. These designs are super versatile and you can customize it with different sentiments and colored cardstock.
I like to use fresh blue light grip mats for card making. It makes clean up much easier.
I have a separate tutorial on how to make box cards here if you are interested in turning the templates into a box card.
Fun fold cards are also an easy way to turn basic dinosaur designs into an interactive card.
Dino inspired party decor
If you are interested in throwing a dino-themed birthday party, I have some additional ideas on handmade dino decor here in this tutorial article.
With just the basic set of design templates, there’s so much you can do with different materials.