I love making cards on my Cricut because I can usually use it for some occasion.
This blank filigree is perfect for any birthday, thank you, just because…occasion.
I usually don’t like using multiple material types for cards because it’s annoying to have to buy a whole pack of stuff just for something small but this one involves just vinyl and cardstock which pretty much is in every Cricut crafter’s arsenal so I figured it would be ok.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Recommended Materials for Filigree Cards
Cardstock – Any kind works here, even the stuff that has a white core. I love the look of pastels with filigree, it sort of modernizes a classic design.
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Vinyl – I just used permanent white vinyl. It doesn’t have to be any special brand for this project. Here’s the cheapest set from Amazon.
For less intricate design, you could use contact paper but this one requires transfer tape and it doesn’t work well with contact paper.
Transfer Tape – Here’s one that’s also a good deal from Amazon.
Template – The set of 2 here is free available in my resource library.
Sign up for my templates and tutorials newsletter and get your filigree card templates and much more!
They work great as wall art as well!