I love making cards on my Cricut because I can usually use it for some occasion.
This blank filigree is perfect for any birthday, thank you, just because…occasion.
I usually don’t like using multiple material types for cards because it’s annoying to have to buy a whole pack of stuff just for something small but this one involves just vinyl and cardstock which pretty much is in every Cricut crafter’s arsenal so I figured it would be ok.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Recommended Materials for Filigree Cards
Cardstock – Any kind works here, even the stuff that has a white core. I love the look of pastels with filigree, it sort of modernizes a classic design.
- Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cricut Joy Insert Card Packs – You don’t have to use these with the Cricut Joy, they are nice material kids for cardmaking.
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Poptone Assorted Variety Pack – This is the perfect peppy assortment of colors of heavy cardstock. It’s a heavy cardstock assortment with colors I actually use frequently for cardmaking.
- Seasonal Assorted Variety Pack – This is a slight variation on the Poptone assortment and has a quite few neutrals that complement almost any accent color.
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Vinyl – I just used permanent white vinyl. It doesn’t have to be any special brand for this project. Here’s the cheapest set from Amazon.
For less intricate design, you could use contact paper but this one requires transfer tape and it doesn’t work well with contact paper.
Transfer Tape – Here’s one that’s also a good deal from Amazon.
Cutting Machine – I use a Cricut. Check out my recommendations for Cricut machines and accessories for beginners for more info.
Template – The set of 2 here is free available in my resource library.
Sign up for my templates and tutorials newsletter and get your filigree card templates and much more!
They work great as wall art as well!