These 3D Heart Crafts are super easy and can be filled with all sorts of goodies and treats.
When making crafts, I always ensure that it is a design or output I will be proud to share. However, some of you have been asking whether there is an easy craft in making adorable packaging. Packaging can be a messy task. You can go to your local store and buy a neat gift wrapper. But there are instances when you want to make your handmade packaging.
For this purpose, I decided to share a very neat way to prepare a paper heart box. This paper heart box is perfect for every occasion and holiday. It’s also easy to do; you can follow it by reading the following instructions.
Heads up! You may want to make sure that you have your ruler, pen, and sturdy paper. Yes, you do not need many items for this project. I know that all of these items are probably in your drawer or cabinet right now.
I highly recommend that you get sturdy paper if you’re planning to pack a heavy item. However, you can still pick a lightweight paper for small accessories or crafts.
Materials for Heart Paper Boxes
Cardstock – I recommend medium weight cardstock for the rigidity. Here are some of my favorite brands:
- Neenah Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Green Assorted Variety Pack – I love this variety pack of green, it is perfect for any foliage making.
- Pinks Assorted Variety Pack – This is a great starter pack of various shades of pink and even a red.
- Purple Assorted Variety Pack – This is another essential variety pack of every shade of purple you might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – I have a few paper crafting favorites for glue:
- Art Glitter Glue – All-purpose non-toxic polymer glue with a fine tip, dries fast with minimal paper warping.
- Hot Glue Gun – My favorite cordless hot glue gun, an essential for fast petal to petal gluing
Cricut – I use a cutting machine to do some of the cutting for this project. This of course is optional but it sure makes things go faster. Check out my reviews for Best Cricut machines for beginners if you’re new to the Cricut.
Templates – This paper heart box template is free in both SVG and printable PDF formats for free in my resource library.
How to make a paper heart box
Other Paper Heart Boxes