This is a tutorial for how to make a gift card envelope along with free printable and SVG gift card sleeves templates.
I’m a terrible gift-giver sometimes not because I don’t want to spend time picking out a thoughtful gift but more because I don’t want to impose my taste on the recipient.
I love getting gift cards from people. I think it is actually quite thoughtful that they want me to be able to choose.
But then again, I understand not everything thinks this way so I made these DIY gift card holder designs to add a personal touch to my gift card gifts.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for DIY Gift Card Envelope
Cardstock – Any type of cardstock for this. In fact, even magazine papers look cute with these designs. But in case you want a specific color, here are some of my favorite brands for cardstock:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Gift card envelope template – All of mine are free and available in my resource library.
How to make a gift card envelope
This is really the easiest thing to make. It takes no glue and you just have to fold.
First, cut out the DIY gift card holder template.
Start by folding in the top and bottom tabs. I like to do a little scrap with the gift card along the crease.
I like to then slip the interlocking petals in and use that as a reference point and then crease the sides.
I’ve included additionals decorative pieces that are optional but I usually will just glue it on if I have the extra cardstock.