I made some thank you tags for favors for a party on my Cricut and thought I would make the SVG cut files available to everyone.
These were super easy to make but required just a little Print and Cut skills in using the Cricut.
I also got to work on my hand lettering a bit. Actually, this wasn’t really hand lettering, it was just my normal hand writing.
I like the no bleed look of these favors tags. This is a tutorial for how to get that effect using the Cricut.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Recommended Materials for Cricut Thank you Tags
Cardstock – Any medium weight cardstock works here (around 65lbs). I love the rustic look with Kraft paper.
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Templates – I’ve included this set of 4 tags templates along with my hand-lettered “thank you” for free in my resource library.
Design Space Tutorial for Cricut Thank You Tags
Step 1: Upload the SVG file from my resource library
Step 2: Drag the lettered “thank you” over the tag shape. (be sure to turn the color of the shape to white)
Step 3: Select both the shape and letter and “slice”
Step 4: Delete the extra letter piece outside the shape.
Step 5: Select the letter and shape and tap “flatten”
Step 6: Then just print and cut!