These floral favors boxes are super easy to make and you can customize the color scheme to fit any occasion.
I have this small obsession with making affordable but memorable party favors. I don’t know why, it’s just something fun to make and with a little bit of purpose.
These floral favors boxes fit right in. The base template is super easy to fold, requires minimal gluing and the top floral piece is just a simple rolled flower. You can make then in a bouquet arrangement with all sorts of different colors or create a monochromatic look with just one color of cardstock.
They are great for weddings, baby showers any type of birthday or a special occasion where you want to leave your guest something to savor after the event. I love it when the party favors can be part of the decor!
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for Floral Triangular Favors Box
Cardstock – I like using medium weight cardstock with colored cores for this project. Here are some of my favorite brands:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Glue – Any type of adhesive works here. My go to glues are a polymer based non-toxix glue and the hot glue gun of course.
Templates – This triangle box template with the rolled flower is available for free in SVG and printable formats in my resource library.
How to assemble this floral favors box
Step 1: Cutout the templates
I like using a light grip cutting mat for this project because it makes cleanup a little bit easier.
Step 2: Fold along the edges
I’m not a huge fan of scoring with my Cricut so I just crease the edges by hand.
I first fold the triangular flaps.
I then align the creases and fold the vertical edges.
Step 3: Glue the base and side tab
A little glue goes a long ways. If you secure the side tab enough, you don’t actually need to glue the base.
Step 4: Rolled the flower
Start wit the outer most edge and rolled the flower petal strip.
Glue the rolled flower to its base.
Secure it on top of the favors box after you’ve filled it.