Gingerbread man pattern printable and SVG is the perfect base for all sorts of holiday crafting fun.
Not all gingerbread men have to be edible for them to be festive. My preschool kids love using these gingerbread man template to make all sorts of arts and craft projects during the holidays.
Whether you’re making custom ornaments for the Christmas tree or just making one-off craft projects to occupy the kids for a few hours (I’ve done both), we can’t get through a holiday season without at least a few gingerbread projects.
While I love the edible kind of gingerbread men projects, I don’t enjoy the sugar high the kids get and the inevitable mess it makes. So when I don’t feel like dealing with screaming kids or a big mess to clean up, I stick to paper gingerbread crafts.
This is a fun roundup of my favorite gingerbread men crafts.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for paper gingerbread man crafts
Cardstock – I have a few favorite brands for papercraft projects. I suggest using at least medium-weight cardstock.
- Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cricut Joy Insert Card Packs – You don’t have to use these with the Cricut Joy, they are nice material kids for cardmaking.
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Poptone Assorted Variety Pack – This is the perfect peppy assortment of colors of heavy cardstock. It’s a heavy cardstock assortment with colors I actually use frequently for cardmaking.
- Seasonal Assorted Variety Pack – This is a slight variation on the Poptone assortment and has a quite few neutrals that complement almost any accent color.
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – I like to use glue that doesn’t warp the paper.
Cricut – I use a cutting machine to do some of the cutting for this project. This of course is optional but it sure makes things go faster. Check out my reviews for Best Cricut machines for beginners if you’re new to the Cricut.
Templates – These gingerbread man SVG and printable PDF templates are all available for free in my resource library.
Paper Gingerbread Man Craft Ideas
First, print out the gingerbread man drawing and cut them out by hand if you don’t have a cutting machine. I would start by just printing and them out on copy paper and then tracing the cutout pieces on the various cardstock you will use for the project.
If you don’t have Kraft cardstock, a nice and environmentally friendly alternative is brown paper bags. They are the perfect color and stiffness for gingerbread craft projects. Along the same veins, if you don’t feel like buying dedicated cardstock for this project, just find a bunch of old magazines and catalogs and cut them up. Most of the accouterments with the gingerbread men are small enough that you can usually find coverage in a magazine page printout.
Gingerbread men ornaments
These are a fun addition to any Christmas tree. Make one and customize it or make one for every member of the family.
I love giving small gifts like a pack of hot chocolate during the holidays. It’s a nice gesture and doesn’t cost a whole lot. I made these hot cocoa gift card templates with a gingerbread man and candy canes for my kid’s friends. Check out the full tutorial for more details.
The best part is it’s super easy to make and you can use the same Kraft cardstock or brown paper bag base as the gingerbread for the hot cocoa cup base. Make your custom hot cocoa gift package and add a special note to bring some every holiday cheer to all your friends and family.