No holiday is complete without some reindeer crafts. Here is my round up of my most fun Rudolph craft projects.
Rudolph is here to help you with holiday decorating and gifting. Whether it’s for a stocking stuffer or a stocking decoration, reindeer are a cute addition that will add to the festivities of the season.
The nice thing about the holidays is having everyone in the family around the house. That sounds nice but when you have 3 kids under the age of 7, I’m usually about done with the holiday break three days before Christmas.
I’ve developed an arsenal of holiday-related crafts to occupy the kids over the years. Rudolph is an essential part of the holiday craft lineup. There are so many different things you can do with just a base template.
While you can use all sorts of different materials to make reindeer crafts, my preferred medium is actually paper. I like using medium-weight cardstock and have quite the collection (nice way of saying I’m a paper hoarder). However, if you don’t feel like getting an assortment of cardstock, I could consider some recycled goods. For a good cardstock replacement, try using brown paper bags or paper grocery bags. When it comes to all of the smaller pieces, I like to flip through old magazines, catalogs that I’m going to throughout anyways, and flyers for patches of colors that I can use for my craft projects. It’s my “crafty” way of being more environmentally conscious.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for Reindeer and Rudolph crafts
Cardstock – I have a few favorite brands for papercraft projects. I suggest using at least medium-weight cardstock.
- Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cricut Joy Insert Card Packs – You don’t have to use these with the Cricut Joy, they are nice material kids for cardmaking.
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Poptone Assorted Variety Pack – This is the perfect peppy assortment of colors of heavy cardstock. It’s a heavy cardstock assortment with colors I actually use frequently for cardmaking.
- Seasonal Assorted Variety Pack – This is a slight variation on the Poptone assortment and has a quite few neutrals that complement almost any accent color.
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – I like to use glue that doesn’t warp the paper.
Cricut – I use a cutting machine to do some of the cutting for this project. This of course is optional but it sure makes things go faster. Check out my reviews for Best Cricut machines for beginners if you’re new to the Cricut.
Templates – These reindeer SVG and printable PDF templates are all available for free in my resource library.
reindeer craft ideas
One of my earliest projects was this set of custom felt stockings with a family of reindeer decorations. You can customize the reindeer family and add names if you’d like.
While you’re at it, create your own Rudolph lip balm stocking stuffer. Check out my full tutorial on lip balm cards for more details.
I love gifting small things during the holidays. Check out my Hot Cocoa Card gifts for more details on how to make this Rudolph hot cocoa gift card.
If candy cane is a favorite of yours during the holiday, don’t miss out on this opportunity to add some candy cane antlers which will go great with a cut of hot chocolate.
While I do mostly crafts with the kids during the holiday, it’s also nice to do a few things for the adults. I have ton’s of deer themed projects in my SVG membership.
For a more elegant project, consider a new accessory to your living room for the holidays. This paper cutout art piece is part of my Premium SVG Membership where there are lots of other fun holiday decor projects to choose from.