I love giving little gifts that don’t cost much but still add a personal touch. This lip balm holder card is the perfect way to send a little something, a thoughtful note, or a quick thank you.
I’m a little lip balm obsessed. I think I may have tried every major brand out there. You can always find a longer-lasting, more moisturizing, more eco-friendly lip balm.
My latest favorite actually just got discontinued so even more reason to continue the search. It’s the lip and face balm by Babyganics. I wrote this long email to the company begging them to bring it back but I guess they had other priorities.
My second favorite one is kind of fancy, it’s made by Caudalie. This Caudalie Lip Conditioner is about 10x the price of every other lip balm but it’s so worth it. I find most lip balms moisturize but sometimes make your lips have a lot of build-up so then I have to exfoliate my lips more which is annoying. But this Caudalie Lip Conditioner moisturizes without leaving me having to exfoliate.
My favorite lip balm with SPF is this one I found in the Swedish pharmacy on one of my recent visits. It is made by ACO and I can’t find it anywhere on the internet.
Those round Eos lip balms are not bad but I actually prefer the stick kind. I do like to gift the Round Eos lip balms as little party favors or stocking stuffers.
Anyways, on to the actual project…
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for Lip Balm Holder Card
Cardstock – I like a lot of different brands, here’s some of my favorites:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Template – I’ve included my lip balm holder card patterns for free in both SVG and printable formats in my resource library.
How to assemble the card
Step 1: Cut out the pieces from the template
Step 2: Score the folding lines
I’ve included the scoring lines for cards in my templates but I personally don’t like to use my Cricut to do the scoring because it never aligns properly.
I instead do this by hand with a ruler and a scaping tool. If you don’t have a scaper, just use a credit card.
Step 3: Adhere the layers together
I just like add some adhesive along the other edge and try not to over do it.