I recently made a whole set of unicorn themed birthday party decorations templates for our friend’s daughter’s birthday.
Unicorn unicorn unicorns everywhere. That was our bedroom for a week. It actually turned out quite well with all the different pieces.
One of my favorite things to do is make my own custom birthday decorations. It really adds that extra special touch when there is something personalized and custom to add to the festivities.
All little girls go through a unicorn phase. I have two daughters and one of them is right in the middle of her unicorn obsession.
I just threw my second unicorn birthday party and make yet another round of custom unicorn decorations. I love to buy a bunch of premade stuff from Amazon and then personalize it to add that extra special touch.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for Cricut Unicorn Decorations
Cardstock – There was a lot of cardstock. My recommendation is to just get an assorted set.
- Neenah Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Green Assorted Variety Pack – I love this variety pack of green, it is perfect for any foliage making.
- Pinks Assorted Variety Pack – This is a great starter pack of various shades of pink and even a red.
- Purple Assorted Variety Pack – This is another essential variety pack of every shade of purple you might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – I have a few favorites for paper crafts:
- Art Glitter Glue – All-purpose non-toxic polymer glue with a fine tip, dries fast with minimal paper warping.
- Hot Glue Gun – My favorite cordless hot glue gun, an essential for fast petal to petal gluing
Templates – Sign up for my templates and tutorials newsletter and get this free set of unicorn party decor tempaltes along with tons of other stuff!
What’s included in this free Cricut Unicorn SVG kit?
Happy Birthday Cricut Unicorn Banner Sign
There are lots of different ways you can make this. I chose to just use the plain base for the letters and then had end unicorn pieces. You can make the letters on the unicorns as well.
Unicorn Face Cut out Lanterns
It was a bit of work to assemble everything but it wasn’t too bad. I already had all the paper flowers sitting around so it was just a matter of gluing everything together. All of my free rolled flower SVG templates are here.
Cricut Unicorn Cake Topper Template
I made a set of numbers with a unicorn horn on top and this rainbow piece. I then just glued it on a straw and chopsticks. Easy Peasy.
Unicorn Thank you Tags SVG Cut outs
I used my Cricut to write the thank you note which took way longer than I anticipated. In the future, I would just print and then cut the thing. I also just stapled the ribbon on but a glue gun works too.