I recently made a whole set of unicorn themed birthday party decorations templates for our friend’s daughter’s birthday.
Unicorn unicorn unicorns everywhere. That was our bedroom for a week. It actually turned out quite well with all the different pieces.
This entire set of cut files is available for free in my resource library.
Sign up for my templates and tutorials newsletter and get this free set of unicorn party decor cut files along with tons of other stuff!
Materials for Cricut Unicorn Decorations
*this article contains affiliate links, see full disclosures here
Cardstock – There was a lot of cardstock. My recommendation is to just get an assorted set.
- Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cricut Joy Insert Card Packs – You don’t have to use these with the Cricut Joy, they are nice material kids for cardmaking.
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Poptone Assorted Variety Pack – This is the perfect peppy assortment of colors of heavy cardstock. It’s a heavy cardstock assortment with colors I actually use frequently for cardmaking.
- Seasonal Assorted Variety Pack – This is a slight variation on the Poptone assortment and has a quite few neutrals that complement almost any accent color.
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – I use Tacky Glue for the cardstock and then a glue gun to assemble everything else.
Ribbon – This is the one I used in the pictures.
Paper Lanterns – They are super cheap and really make an impact at a party. I found this great deal for an assorted set of paper lanterns from Amazon.
What’s included in this free Cricut Unicorn SVG kit?
Happy Birthday Cricut Unicorn Banner Sign
There are lots of different ways you can make this. I chose to just use the plain base for the letters and then had end unicorn pieces. You can make the letters on the unicorns as well.
Unicorn Face Cut out Lanterns
It was a bit of work to assemble everything but it wasn’t too bad. I already had all the paper flowers sitting around so it was just a matter of gluing everything together. All of my free rolled flower SVG templates are here.
Cricut Unicorn Cake Topper Template
I made a set of numbers with a unicorn horn on top and this rainbow piece. I then just glued it on a straw and chopsticks. Easy Peasy.
Unicorn Thank you Tags SVG Cut outs
I used my Cricut to write the thank you note which took way longer than I anticipated. In the future, I would just print and then cut the thing. I also just stapled the ribbon on but a glue gun works too.