Rolled paper flowers are the perfect Cricut project. They suit beginners and provide enough variation for the advanced crafter.
I wanted to make a little variation on the classic rolled paper flower so I designed a new template to accommodate different colors.
This one was super fun to play with because the possibilities are endless for what color combinations you might pair together.
I made 3 different petal shape templates. It took a little while to figure out exactly how long each piece of the rolled strip had to be to optimize the end look of the flower.
This two-tone paper flower template is free and available in my resource library.
*this article contains affiliate links, see full disclosures here
Materials for Two-Toned Rolled Flower
Glue – I use Tacky Glue because it is non-toxic but a glue gun works too.
Cardstock – You will need 2 colors. My favorite is this Neenah Collections brand, it’s super affordable, comes in an assortment of colors, has a colored core so you can’t see fraying. Here are some of my other favorites for paper flower:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Clear Tape – Any brand will do
Tutorial for Two-Toned Rolled Paper Flower
Step 1: Cute the template pieces. If you are making this on the Cricut, I’d advise using the Contour function to hide the pieces as you are switching between different colored cardstock.
Step 2: Tape the two colored segments together
Step 3: Roll and glue the base