I wanted to design a paper flower that could go in a bouquet for a wedding or just as a centerpiece.
The problem with most paper flower templates for bouquets is it takes FOREVER to make. Because you see the base of the flower in a bouquet, you can’t use the rolled flower template because it doesn’t sit well on a stem.
I really don’t enjoy gluing each petal on individually for each flower not to mention making an entire bouquet of them.
I wanted to make a template for my Cricut that used the technique of the rolled flower but adjusted for a stem.
And that’s exactly what I did here. Each flower takes about a minute to assemble.
Materials for Bouquet Paper Flower
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience (at no additional cost to you), see full disclosures here
Floral wire – I order mine from Amazon, you can get the same package here
Cardstock – I like using shimmer cardstock for paper flowers because it is so pretty when it catches the light. I like this variety metallic pack from Amazon. Note, if you want to make the base leaves, the green colored cardstock does not come with this variety pack. Here are some of my other favorite brands:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Glue – I use Tacky Glue but a faster drying glue or a glue gun would probably work better.
Templates – I made 6 different templates for this bouquet. You can mix and match as you please. I also included a leaves base template.
Get your free templates starting with this flower bouquet set sent to your inbox:
Instructions for the Paper Flower Bouquet
Step 1: Gather your materials and cut each piece
Step 2: Roll each petal round and glue to keep in place. I was using Tacky glue and didn’t want to hold it in place so I just taped it for a while as the glue set.
Step 3: String each rolled layer onto the wire with the smallest round layered on top. I used pointed tweezers to enlarge the hole at the base but a paper clip works too.
I curled my petals before assembly but that is really up to you.