I wanted to design a paper flower that could go in a bouquet for a wedding or just as a centerpiece.
The problem with most paper flower templates for bouquets is it takes FOREVER to make. Because you see the base of the flower in a bouquet, you can’t use the rolled flower template because it doesn’t sit well on a stem.
I really don’t enjoy gluing each petal on individually for each flower not to mention making an entire bouquet of them.
I wanted to make a template for my Cricut that used the technique of the rolled flower but adjusted for a stem.
And that’s exactly what I did here. Each flower takes about a minute to assemble.
Materials for Bouquet Paper Flower
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience (at no additional cost to you), see full disclosures here
Floral wire – I order mine from Amazon, you can get the same package here
Cardstock – I like using shimmer cardstock for paper flowers because it is so pretty when it catches the light. I like this variety metallic pack from Amazon. Note, if you want to make the base leaves, the green colored cardstock does not come with this variety pack. Here are some of my other favorite brands:
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Poptone Assorted Variety Pack – This is the perfect peppy assortment of colors of heavy cardstock. It’s a heavy cardstock assortment with colors I actually use frequently for cardmaking.
- Seasonal Assorted Variety Pack – This is a slight variation on the Poptone assortment and has a quite few neutrals that complement almost any accent color.
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Glue – I use Tacky Glue but a faster drying glue or a glue gun would probably work better.
- Art Glitter Glue – All-purpose non-toxic polymer glue with a fine tip, dries fast with minimal paper warping.
- Hot Glue Gun – My favorite cordless hot glue gun, an essential for fast petal to petal gluing
Templates – I made 6 different templates for this bouquet. You can mix and match as you please. I also included a leaves base template.
Get your free templates starting with this flower bouquet set sent to your inbox:
Instructions for the Paper Flower Bouquet
Step 1: Gather your materials and cut each piece
Step 2: Roll each petal round and glue to keep in place. I was using Tacky glue and didn’t want to hold it in place so I just taped it for a while as the glue set.
Step 3: String each rolled layer onto the wire with the smallest round layered on top. I used pointed tweezers to enlarge the hole at the base but a paper clip works too.
I curled my petals before assembly but that is really up to you.