Ever since I got my Cricut, I haven’t had to buy a card. Now all my friends and family get handmade cards. I’ve included my free birthday card SVGs here.
One of my favorite things to make using my Cricut is cards. The last time I shopped for cards, I was surprised by how expensive they were. Some of the more elaborate ones were north of ten bucks!
I now make all my own Cricut cards and I think just that alone has paid back on the money-saving from buying pre-made cards.
Plus, these handmade Cricut cards are unique in their aesthetic and can be customized for the recipient.
I actually started out making the Cards from Cricut Design Space. But then I got tired of only making the same few cards that didn’t require 5 different sheets of cardstock. They do have more simple cards but they charge more for them which annoyed me a bit when I had already paid for Cricut Access.
So I started just designing really simple cards that weren’t too difficult to assemble and didn’t require too many different types of material.
Materials for DIY Birthday Cards
Cardstock – I like using at least medium weight cardstock with colored cores. Sometimes you can get away with white core cardstock for less intricate designs but my preference is still the colored core kind. Here are a few of my favorite brands:
- Neenah Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte-colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Green Assorted Variety Pack – I love this variety pack of green, it is perfect for any foliage making.
- Pinks Assorted Variety Pack – This is a great starter pack of various shades of pink and even a red.
- Purple Assorted Variety Pack – This is another essential variety pack of every shade of purple you might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go-to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
Cricut – I use a cutting machine to do some of the cutting for this project. This of course is optional but it sure makes things go faster. Check out my reviews for Best Cricut machines for beginners if you’re new to the Cricut.
Templates – All these Cricut Birthday Card SVGs are free and available in my free resource library.
Cricut birthday card ideas
This is just a selection of my favorite birthday cards that I’ve made with my Cricut. Check out my full collection of free Cricut card designs here.
Easy Birthday Card SVGs
Did you know you can make any sentiment into a popup card? I have a special tutorial on how to design your own pop-up cards within Cricut Design Space.
If you don’t feel like designing your own, I have a set of pop up sentiment card designs for free as well like this one here:
Cricut Birthday Cards for Kids
I probably make the most cards for my kids’ friends’ birthdays. I have many more in the collection but the top favorites are these dinosaur themed cards and mermaid silhouette cards.
Handmade Birthday Cards for the whole family
While I originally designed these for kids, they are fun for adults as well. Here are a couple of waterfall cards and a cascading birthday card design.
More Easy Cricut Pop-up cards
Everyone loves pop up cards but some of them are really complicated to assemble. I have a basic pop up card design that involved a spiral that you can easily customize with your own designs.
DIY Birthday Card for Mom
In addition to gifting Mom fresh flowers, gift her a card with an everlasting paper flower. This popup flower card is one of my favorites.
I also love making these easy mandala card when I’m in a hurry.
DIY Birthday Card for Dad
Technically my husband gifted my first Cricut Maker to me so it is only appropriate I make cards for him as well. Here is my collection of Cricut cards for him.
DIY Gift Card Holders
Sometimes you just need to give a gift card for a birthday because you just can’t think of anything else to gift. Make it more personal by customizing the gift cardholder.