I created a DIY homemade babyshower table decorations kit that can work for both boy and girl babies.
My friend is expecting her second child soon and a few friends and I threw a baby sprinkle for her this past weekend.
She has already announced that she will be having a boy and I had full intentions of doing something more neutral or blue but I just didn’t get around to picking up more cardstock so I ended up doing a purple metallic color palette.
The reality is these baby showers and sprinkles are to celebrate the Mother to be so really any color works.
I made 5 pieces in this kit. It was actually all quite simple but the mix of colors and textures really elevated the feel of the set.
*this article contains affiliate links for your convenience, see full disclosures here
Materials for DIY Baby Shower Decorations For a Boy or Girl
- Recollection Assorted Starter Pack – Basic assorted colors, great starter pack, perfect weight for most papercraft projects
- Metallic Shimmer Assorted Set from Amazon – This set is a little lighter in weight but the colors are beautiful in 3D
- Cardstock Warehouse Brand on Amazon – I love the quality of all the matte colored cardstock with Cardstock Warehouse. It is my go-to brand for individual matte colors that I might need
- Stardream Metallics Line – For paper crafts, the Stardream line is the go to for a metallic shimmer finish. It is the perfect sheen to make any project pop. The core is also colored is which hard to find for metallic paper.
- Assorted Pink Set from Paper Paper – This is a must-have for paper flower makers. The variety is perfect to create a bouquet.
- Assorted Purple Set from Paper Paper – This is another must-have for paper flower makers. I love the variety of finishes in this pack.
- Metallic Variety Set from Paper Paper – I don’t know any avid paper crafter that doesn’t use Stardream metallics line of shimmer paper. It is the only metallic cardstock line that I know of that has such variety and has colored cores.
Burlap Lace Ribbon – I just grabbed one in a set.
Mason Jars – I used 4oz ones from Amazon.
Cutting Machine – I use a Cricut
Templates – I have my set of rolled paper flowers, butterflies and congrats sign in my resource library. It is available for free.
Here are some additional instructions on how to make the rolled flowers in the set:
Mason Jar Baby Shower Gift
I debated with myself to put a little burlap bow on this or not. I ended up leaving it as is because it got to be too much with the flower, butterfly and bow. But for a more rustic feel, some twine or burlap ribbon adds a nice touch.
Baby Shower Cake Topper
I had full intentions of putting this on top of a cake but ended up getting cupcakes instead so it just went on the diaper cake.
When I brought this whole set up downstairs, my daughter started giggling and called it a poopoo diaper cake. *sigh* You win some you lose some. At least the guests were impressed.